ASHM Scholarship Program
The ASHM Scholarship Program provides a variety of scholarships to assist ASHM members, affiliates and others in the HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health sector to attend national and international conferences.
The scholarships are managed through the Conference Division and awarded on the basis of objective criteria overseen by the Scholarship Committee. Each round of scholarships can be designated for specific professional groups or opened to a broader audience, details are provided with each round.
The Scholarship Program is designed to support collaborative professional development and all recipients are required to commit to providing a range of reports back to colleagues and peers. The ASHM 'Report Back' Blog is one way this reporting is done.
From time-to-time ASHM manages scholarships for different conferences and/or meetings and this same scholarship platform is used for these activities.
Current Scholarship Opportunities
ASHM through their Scholarship Program are offering Scholarships for attendance to the following conferences:
Scholarships are open to:
Priority will be given to those:
- With higher caseloads
- From rural and remote areas
- Who have not attended the conference or other overseas conferences before
- Who are ASHM members or applicants who have not received funding from ASHM in the last 2 years.
In the application form you will be able to select which conference/s you wish to apply for. You can select one or more conferences, however, please note that if successful you will only receive a scholarship for one conference. All applicants must complete the application truthfully and advise ASHM if their situation changes. All recipients must agree to provide a number of reports back from the conference. All scholarship holders will be expected to blog from the conference (according to specific guidelines) and also to participate in one or more report backs after the conference. The nature of the report back will be negotiated with the recipient and be influenced by location and range.
- Return Premium Economy OR Economy flights (as per availability & best fare of the day)
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference only
- Registration for the conference
Please Note: Reimbursements cannot be provided for travel, accommodation or registration, that have been already paid for. We will book and pay for these directly to the supplier on your behalf to fulfill the requirements of the grants.
Only apply for a scholarship if you do not have access to the following:
- Funds from a research grant to cover attendance at this meeting
- Access to TESL OR equivalent professional development fund in your state
- Funding from a pharmaceutical or other industry partner
- Financial support from your employer
ASHM scholarship application deadline for this round is Monday 27 March 2017.
For more information contact
T: +61 2 8204 0770
External/Other Scholarship Opportunities
Current Supporters of the ASHM Scholarship Program