Register your interest for 2023. You will be contacted when a course is available for your jurisdiction.
Nurses and midwives have invaluable communication skills and are well placed to identify priority populations for screening. Through a case study, presentations, interactive quizzes and online learning module, this workshop will provide nurses and midwives with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace.
1. Pre course survey
2. Online Learning Module (2 h)
3. Two Interactive Sessions (1.5 h each)
3. Homework Case Study Activity
4. Post-course survey
1. Describe the clinical presentation of common STIs and BBVs
2. Identify the priority populations for STI and BBV screening
3. Explain the importance of testing and screening for STIs and BBVs
4. Demonstrate confidence in offering STI and BBV screening to patients
5. Discuss the process for contact tracing and Identify resources to assist
Nurses, midwives, and sexual health workers.
This course, including the pre-learning activities is equivalent to 5 CPD hours.
For more information
Please contact the Sexual Health Team by clicking here or send an email to Sexualhealth@ashm.org.au