• Describe risk factors for HCV, enabling discussions with clients around prevention and harm reduction
• Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
• Describe the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
• Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
• Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
Addiction medicine physicians, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, and other practitioners prescribing or intending to prescribe s85 DAA medication in alcohol and other drug settings (open also to those working in primary care settings).
This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. 40 points allocated.
This course is endorsed by the ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 6.5 CPD Hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Boards of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.