Did you know that HIV is no longer considered a death sentence, but a chronic condition that can be managed?
Big advances in knowledge and treatments now mean many people living with HIV have a normal life expectancy. That means people living with HIV are starting to access aged care services
A new booklet for aged care workers busts myths and puts into plain English:
- The Simple Facts about HIV
- Who has HIV?
- Treatments for HIV
- Infection prevention andcontrol in the workplace
- How HIV affects the ageing process
- Stigma and discrimination
- Legal Rights and Responsibilities
It also provides a list of useful contacts and resources.
The booklet was funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and developed in collaboration with aged care workers.