ASHM has updated its flagship Decision making in Hepatitis B tool to provide greater detail to assist primary care providers to screen, diagnose, treat, and manage hepatitis B.
Presenting a clear and simple step-by-step for primary care providers to follow, our 2-page Decision Making in Hepatitis B tool provides a comprehensive overview of hepatitis B management. The resource includes indications for testing, interpretation of hepatitis B serology and required actions, initial assessment, determination of treatment indication, ongoing monitoring and follow-up, as well as guidance on when to discuss with or refer to a specialist.
Updates to this edition of the resource include:
- When to refer to or discuss with a specialist
- Greater detail regarding interpretation of serology
- How to assess for liver fibrosis
- Considerations for gaining informed consent
- HBV DNA levels in each phase of chronic hepatitis B to assist with disease staging
- Guidance on how, and how often, to monitor patients, depending on phase of disease
Who and how to screen for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)