ASHM is pleased to announce two international sessions at the Joint Australasian HIV and AIDS and Sexual Health Conferences 16th – 20th November 2020.
The session entitled Understanding U=U in Asia is an on demand virtual session held in collaboration between ASHM, The Burnet Institute, AFAO and NAPWA. This session will examine the implications of the U=U campaign on clinical and community practices in Asia. Speakers include:
- Professor Kenneth Meyers from Harvard University, USA
- Dr Nittaya Phanuphak from the Institute for HIV Research and Innovation, Thailand
- Acep Gates, Founder of SeGender Indonesia, will also be sharing their lived experience of U=U.
The second session is a live virtual session and explores the COVID-19-related Challenges and opportunities for achieving HIV targets in Asia and Pacific. Speakers include:
- Eamonn Murphy, Regional Director, Asia and the Pacific, UNAIDS
- Professor Adeeba Kamarulzaman, IAS and University of Malaya, and
- Midnight Poonkasetwattana, Director of APCOM.