ASHM would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank Vickie Knight for her contribution to ASHM and to nurses that are providing care to people with BBVs and STIs.
Vickie is a Clinical Service Director at Rauland Australia, previous Sexual Health and HIV Clinical Nurse Consultant at the Sydney Sexual Health Centre, a past President, newsletter editor and current active member of the Australasian Sexual Health and HIV Nurses Association. Vickie began her Clinical Advisor role with ASHM approximately 20 years ago and was Education Secretary for the Sexual Health Society of NSW: 1999 – 2000 inclusive (the precursor to ASHM).
Vickie’s experience, expertise and commitment to nurses through enhancing knowledge, and translation of that knowledge to practice ensuring the best patient outcomes, has been highly valued by ASHM and course participants. Vickie’s contributions to the development of course curriculums, course materials, associated resources and delivery of course sessions have been integral to the design and growth of the sexual health component of the ASHM Nursing Program and include:
- National Member of the Clinical Trials & Research Committee of the Australian National Council on AIDS, Hepatitis C and Related Diseases (Jan 2000 – Dec 2002).
- Member of the Australian STI Management Guidelines Editorial Committee and Review Committee
- Developed the STI/HIV testing website www.stitest.org.au on receipt of a Nursing Innovation scholarship
- Course presenter and facilitator for Sexual Health courses
- Co-development of 1 day Fundamentals of HIV and Sexual Health: Expanding the Scope of Primary Health Care Nurses course
- Co-development of 2 day Short Course in Sexual Health Nursing course
- Co-development and subsequent review of the STI and BBV Nursing online learning module
- Member of ASHM Nursing Board Sub Committee
ASHM wishes Vickie all the best for her future endeavours, and again thanks Vickie for her significant contribution.