- The Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) – as a peak organisation of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand who work in HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections (STIs), established in 2015 the ASHM Scholarship Program that provides a variety of scholarships to assist ASHM members, affiliates and others in the HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health sector to attend national and international conferences to support their continuing professional development.
- The ASHM Scholarships Program is managed by our Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) award-winning ASHM Conference and Events Division who manages all the logistics for ASHM’s internal conferences and education coursesas well as providing guidance in a range of other ASHM activities.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of objective criteria overseen by an independent Scholarship Committee. Each round of scholarships can be designated for specific professional groups or opened to a broader audience, with details are provided with each round.
- Members of the scholarship committee are drawn from a pool of 'late' career individuals from different states, organisations and disciplines. Secretariat provided by ASHM Conference Division. The Scholarship Committee will be asked to commit for a period of 2-3 years and during that time will not be eligible to apply for scholarships from this program.
- Since 2015, scholarships have been awarded to HIV S100 prescribers (GP/primary care), sexual health physicians, hospital-based specialists managing HIV, HIV nurses and community pharmacists – who all are required to report back to colleagues and peers with their key learnings from the conferences shared in the format of a blog with content focusing on translating science into clinical practice.
- These are made available on our ASHM Report Back website
Become a sponsor of the ASHM Scholarship Program supporting continuing professional development of the health workforce
2018 Scholarship Opportunities
NOW OPEN: 2018 Alere Education Scholarship
ASHM is pleased to again offer the Alere Educational Scholarship to support the continued learning of healthcare workers in the HIV and sexual health field within the Pacific. Included in the Alere Educational Scholarship is registration to attend the 2018 Australasian HIV&AIDS Conference, return economy airfare, accommodation and per diem.
The Scholarship is open to laboratory scientists and other healthcare professionals working in HIV and sexual health in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 17:00 AEST on Friday 27th July 2018
ASHM Educational Scholarship for HIV Drug Therapy 2018 [NOW CLOSED]
ASHM offered scholarships to attend HIV Drug Therapy from 28 - 31 October in Glasgow with scholarships closing on Sunday 22 April 2018.
ASHM Educational Scholarship for AIDS 2018 [NOW CLOSED]
ASHM offered scholarships to attend the International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018) from 23 - 27 July in Amsterdam, Netherlands with scholarship application closed on Friday 26 January 2018. Congratulations to the recipients listed below:
- Vincent Cornelisse, Sexual Health Physician, Prahran Market Clinic (VIC)
- Jacqueline Engelander, S100 General Practitioner, Holdsworth House Medical Practice (NSW)
- Tom Morley, HIV/HBV S100 General Practitioner, Northside Clinic (NSW)
- Kalaiselvan Sankar, Practice Nurse, Victorian AIDS Council (VIC)
- Wee-sian Woon, Sexual Health Registrar and General Practitioner, Royal Prince Alfred (NSW)
ASHM Educational Scholarship for APACC 2018 [NOW CLOSED]
ASHM offered scholarships to attend the Asia Pacific AIDS & Co-infections Conference from 28 - 30 June in Hong Kong, China with scholarship application closed on Thursday 1 February 2018.
- Gerard Ingham, General Practitioner, Springs Medical Centre
- Gary Lee, General Practitioner, Holdsworth House Medical Centre
- Rebecca Overbury, General Practitioner, Prahran Market Clinic
- Rasanga Liyanage, Postgraduate Fellow In Sexual Health, St. George Hospital
- Amy Peachey, Research Nurse/Coordinator, Clinical Research Unit, Infectious Diseases Department, Alfred Hospital
ASHM Educational Scholarship for CROI 2018 [NOW CLOSED]
ASHM offered scholarships for CROI 2018 (4 - 7 March in Boston, Massachusetts) with scholarship applications closed on Friday 12 January 2018. Click on the banner to read their Report Back:
Past Scholarship Opportunities
Download the ASHM Annual Report 2016-2017 to see past scholarship recipients:
For any queries please contact
Eve Lippmann | email@example.com | +61 2 8204 0715
Current Supporters of the ASHM Scholarship Program
- ViiV Healthcare