ASHM is committed to supporting the HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health workforce across Australasia.
This extends to running programs that take into account the specific considerations of key groups.
These specialised programs include:
- Nursing: We recognise the key role nurses play in the testing, diagnosis and management of patients across the spectrum of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health.
- International: This program supports capacity-building, leadership and mentoring, professional societies, and educational initiatives across the Asia-Pacific.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders: We provide specific training, education and resources to support health workers and community-controlled health service staff.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Communities: We provide resources to support health workers working with CALD clients.
- HTLV-1 Working Group: ASHM has initiated work to support progress in understanding and responding to Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) in Australia.
If you or your organisation is interested in working with ASHM as part of any of these programs, please contact us