Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia's longest running HIV charity. Founded in 1984, BGF provides emotional, financial and practical support to people living with HIV (PLHIV). HIV treatment has come a long way since the 80s, but with a diverse new generation of PLHIV facing stigma reminiscent of the 80s, the need for support remains strong. BGF works to change social attitudes around HIV, to reduce fear, discrimination and stigma and promote acceptance and understanding, working also at a systemic level to influence policy and service development.
Our vision - To help people with HIV to thrive.
Our mission - BGF provides high quality client services and health promotion programs, as well as advocating with and for people with HIV.
Our values - Compassion, Solidarity, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
For more information about BGF please visit our website: https://www.bgf.org.au/
Join our team of dedicated professionals working in the community to support people living with HIV to build and maintain their independence.
About you and the role
This is a permanent, part-time opportunity (45.6 hours per fortnight/3 days a week). The Financial Counsellor is a key member of the Client Services team, and has responsibility for:
• Provision of financial counselling services;
• Program development;
• Operational management; and
• Partner relationship management.
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience to offer:
• Current accreditation as a Financial Counsellor with FCAN, however we will also consider candidates who are currently working toward accreditation;
• Experience providing financial counselling services;
• Strong communication skills;
• Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling) or working towards completion.
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• Undergo a Police Records Check (arranged through BGF);
• Provide COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Government (Due to the public funding arrangement we require all employees to be vaccinated at this point of time)
Benefits & Culture
• Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV.
• Much more than just a job – it is a rare and great opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
• A sector specific salary packaging available.
• Flexible work conditions.
• Equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace.
How to apply
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter. Please read the full position description carefully and briefly explain why you think you are suitable for the role by addressing the key areas of responsibility in the covering letter - https://www.bgf.org.au/vacanciesatbgf
We advise you to submit your completed application as early as possible and not to wait until the deadline. We will start the shortlisting process as we receive applications.
Should you have any questions please contact our Psychosocial Support Services Manager, Jimmy Acosta, via email to email@example.com
BGF is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages persons with a lived experience of HIV to apply.