Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia’s oldest community-based HIV organisation, providing client services and health promotion programs in NSW and SA. We provide direct practical assistance, emotional support, financial counselling, and housing advocacy to people living with HIV (PLHIV).
We help people live independently through support in daily activities, such as shopping for groceries and attending medical appointments; we support people through their financial worries, and we provide programs that keep our clients socially connected.
Our services are accessible to everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or cultural and linguistic background.
Our vision - BGF works to change social attitudes around HIV, to reduce fear, discrimination and stigma and promote acceptance and understanding, working also at a systemic level to influence policy and service development.
Our mission - Our mission is to empower people living with HIV to thrive.
Our values - Compassion, Solidarity, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
For more information about BGF please visit our website: https://www.bgf.org.au/
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Client Services is a member of BGF’s Executive Leadership team and has accountability for all service matters for our clients. The position has 3 direct reports (Psychosocial Support Services Manager, Community Support Program Manager and Programs Coordinator), who all make sure the needs of the clients are at the centre of our client’s service delivery.
In summary the role is responsible for:
• Enabling BGF clients to achieve improved health and well-being outcomes and optimise their quality of life;
• Managing the provision and delivery of support services for BGF clients through residential brokered care; psychosocial support services, and health and well-being programs;
• Leadership and management of permanent and casual employees and volunteers including students on placement within the Client Services business unit;
• Ensuring the NSW Health/BGF Annual KPIs are met, recorded and reported;
• Providing strong leadership to fellow Executive team members, and to the Client Services team to achieve BGF Strategic Goals and to deliver on its mission; and
• Identifying and responding to program and service gaps and securing funding and revenue opportunities in conjunction with the members of the Executive Leadership team.
This is a permanent full-time role working 76.0hrs per fortnight and you will have access to flexible working arrangements.
This is a hands-on role and you must be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are a trusted leader who has previously demonstrated strong leadership and management capabilities within a not‐for‐profit organisation coupled with the following qualification and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in relevant, recognised social work, human services, community discipline;
• Extensive managerial experience within a related environment;
• Client management experience in NGO setting;
• Significant experience in a middle-management role ;
• Solid experience in a senior management role;
• Demonstrated project management experience; and
• Demonstrated change management experience
• Post-graduate qualification in a management discipline
• Experience in managing new business initiatives through the grant acquisition process
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• Current, valid driver's licence with an unblemished record
• Undergo a Police Record Check (arranged through BGF)
• COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Government (Due to the public funding arrangement we require all employees to be at least double vaccinated at this point of time)
The role includes a broad range of responsibilities and would suit an individual who meets the Capability Requirements (knowledge, skills and experience) addressed in the position description.
Benefits & Culture
Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV.
Much more than just a job – it is a rare and great opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
Equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace.
Sector specific salary packaging is available.
How to apply
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the full position description carefully and briefly explain why you think you are suitable for the role by addressing the Capability Requirements.
To view the position description - https://www.bgf.org.au/vacanciesatbgf
We advise you to submit your completed application as early as possible and not to wait until the deadline. We will start the shortlisting process as we receive applications.
BGF is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages persons with a lived experience of HIV to apply.
Should you have any questions please contact our Director – People, Culture and Administration, Moto Kotsuka via email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 30 January 2022.