AFAO is the national federation for the HIV community response in Australia. AFAO works to end HIV transmission and reduce its impact on communities in Australia and, also, in Asia and the Pacific. AFAO leads efforts to end HIV transmission in Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
AFAO’s member organisations represent the diverse communities most affected by HIV – sexuality and gender diverse communities, sex workers, people who inject drugs, people with HIV and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. AFAO’s close connection with communities, provides rapid intelligence on changes in the HIV epidemic, allowing the organisation to respond quickly, and to act as a trusted communication channel to government, multi-lateral funders, research and clinical partners.
AFAO are investing in potential and intend to inspire excellence and opportunity to their member networks and beyond.
This role will be part of a new team brought together to develop and manage a Workforce Development Program across Australia and in addition to this role includes a Program Coordinator & Content Developer, E Learning Designer, Learning Coordinator and Graphic Designer.
Reporting to the Manager, National Programs and working as part of a team, this role is responsible for contributing to the development of the online learning platform. Specifically you will:
- Map existing learning modules and develop high quality, relevant learning packages
- Ensure programs are relevant to AFAO’s member base and support practice development
- Support the dissemination of emerging knowledge and technology
- Build a strong, collaborative relationship with AFAO’s member organisations
You will have knowledge of HIV and the Australian HIV response, and understand the diverse communities most affected by HIV. You will have worked in a content development, learning and development or communications role and are ready to support this important piece of work. You can demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop learning packages for on-line learning
- Demonstrated capacity to manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding skills in developing content for various audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively to resolve complex issues
To view the full position description and apply - https://www.afao.org.au/careers/
If you are passionate about ending HIV transmission in Australia, Asia and the Pacific, please submit a resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions.