The Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) is calling for nominations for the next Who Am I As A Leader? workshop for 18 - 20 March 2016 to be held in Queensland, Australia.
What is PLDI?
The Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) Australia offers people living with HIV an opportunity to identify and develop their leadership and resilience skills.
• We believe that strong leaders create stronger communities.
• We honour the leadership of the past; value the leadership of today; and inspire leadership for the future.
The PLDI program aims to create a network of informed and empowered people living with HIV (PLHIV) who will participate in and influence their local communities.
The Positive Leadership Development Institute exists with the purpose of supporting people who are living with HIV/AIDS to realise their leadership potential and increase their capacity to participate meaningfully in community life.
About the Workshop
The curriculum objectives for the Leadership training workshop are for participants to have the opportunity
• To understand the 5 principles and 10 commitments of leadership
• To realise individual leadership potential
• To participate in building a network of leaders within the PLHIV community
• To realise the potential and strengths that each individual brings to the network
• To learn about and practice leadership skills in a safe environment
• To inspire others to become leaders
• To encourage participants to take on facilitator and mentoring roles within the community
• To expand participants awareness of the PLHIV community
This unique leadership workshop is run by and for people living with HIV. The course is constructed to have a maximum participation of 12 people plus 3 facilitators and runs over a weekend - Friday evening, all day Saturday (including the evening) and Sunday.
Applications and nominations for participants are currently being sought for the next leadership training workshop to be held 18-20 March in Queensland, Australia.
Please fill the details in the survey which can found at the link below. Applications close Friday 5 February 2016 at 8pm (AEST.)
All Australian applicants are responsible for sourcing support for their attendance including financial support to get to and from Brisbane as well as course fees ($250AUD) . The current PLDI sponsorship program is limited to domestic travel only. New Zealand applicants should contact Body Positive to discuss sponsorship options.
All other costs are covered including local transport to the venue, accommodation and meals. Financial assistance is available, please contact your local PLHIV organisation or AIDS Council to find out more information or contact pldi@pldiaustralia. org.au for further advice and assistance.
The Institute has many more applications than available spots in each course (max. 12 people per workshop). Please understand that applications are assessed upon ensuring maximum diversity of participation in each course and not all PLHIV that apply will necessarily get into this course. If you have any questions about the course or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact pldi@pldiaustralia. org.au for more information.