Calling for nominations for the next Who Am I As A Leader? workshop
- The Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) is calling for nominations for the next Who Am I As A Leader? workshop for 26-28 May 2017 to be held in New South Wales
- The next workshop to be held on 23-25 June 2017 in South Australia
- NSW Applications are currently OPEN - click here and will close on 21 April 2017
What is PLDI?
The Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) Australia offers people living with HIV an opportunity to identify and develop their leadership and resilience skills.
- We believe that strong leaders create stronger communities.
- We honour the leadership of the past; value the leadership of today; and inspire leadership for the future.
The PLDI program aims to create a network of informed and empowered people living with HIV (PLHIV) who will participate in and influence their local communities.
The Positive Leadership Development Institute exists with the purpose of supporting people who are living with HIV/AIDS to realise their leadership potential and increase their capacity to participate meaningfully in community life.
About the Workshop
The curriculum objectives for the Leadership training workshop are for participants to have the opportunity
- To understand the 5 principles and 10 commitments of leadership
- To realise individual leadership potential
- To participate in building a network of leaders within the PLHIV community
- To realise the potential and strengths that each individual brings to the network
- To learn about and practice leadership skills in a safe environment
- To inspire others to become leaders
- To encourage participants to take on facilitator and mentoring roles within the community
- To expand participants awareness of the PLHIV community
This unique leadership workshop is run by and for people living with HIV. The course is constructed to have a maximum participation of 12 people plus 3 facilitators and runs over a weekend - Friday evening, all day Saturday (including the evening) and Sunday.