SEXrurality Conference 2017 is coordinated by the Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH) as part of our mandate to improve sexual health and well-being in rural Victoria. This includes providing strategic leadership and advocacy, and working in partnerships with rural communities, networks and agencies to address the inequities that exist in our settings.
Building on the successes of the two previous conferences, SEXrurality Conference 2017 aims to provide a forum for the presentation of high quality professional practice and research papers on sexual and reproductive health in rural settings. The conference also aims to encourage growth in the capacity of rural practitioners and early career researchers in the confident presentation of their work.
It will provide a forum for:
• sharing practitioner wisdom and current rural research evidence,
• showcasing the work, experiences and learnings of practitioners in the field of rural sexual health and well-being,
• helping build connections, collaborations and alliances between practitioners, researchers, policy makers, and advocates,
• participants to debate, share, network and organise around issues relevant to rural sexual health and well-being
• an inclusive and participative conference experience