What ASHM does in Hepatitis C
ASHM supports the health workforce in hepatitis C across Australia and New Zealand.
We support our members and sector partners to generate knowledge and action in clinical management, research, education, policy and advocacy. As part of that commitment, we:
- Develop national guidance on the testing and management of hepatitis C.
- Developed and review the hepatitis C testing policy.
- Run comprehensive training programs and provide ongoing support for primary care providers who manage and treat hepatitis C.
- Manage the National HCV Training Standards Committee which sets the national clinical standards for hepatitis C training for primary care practitioners.
- We also offer a range of clinical training, education and resources to support all levels of the hepatitis C workforce, including material for non-medical professions, such as the police and emergency services.