This course will enable participants to:
- Identify and screen priority populations for hepatitis B testing in Australia
- Correctly order HBV tests to make a diagnosis of hepatitis B
- Interpret serology to determine if a patient is susceptible, vaccinated, previously exposed or has acute or chronic hepatitis B infection
- Identify which phase of disease a patient is in and how this effects their management by using the HBV decision making tool laminate
- Explain the need for regular lifelong monitoring of patients with chronic hepatitis B
This activity has been approved by the RACGP for 2 Category 2 QI&CPD Points.
To register, please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, or send an email to May.Wang@ashm.org.au with the title 'Webinar registration - 2 Aug 2017 Hepatitis B update for Primary Care Practitioners who see refugee patients'. Should you have any other enquiries, please contact 02 8204 0723.
The webinar will also be recorded and uploaded online for health practitioners to view at convenience.