Click Here to Download the Course Flyer - 13 July 2017
A range of case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce adherence, monitoring a patient already on treatment, and pregnancy.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
• Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
• Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
• Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage ALL HBV s100 prescribers in ACT to attend this session if possible.
Please advise if prescribers living in rural and remote areas would be interested in accessing the Update via webinar, as facilities for this can be arranged.
Conditions of registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before 7 July 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after 7 July 2017 will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to firstname.lastname@example.org