Update will include information on HIV and STI testing, diagnoses and basic management.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify appropriate patients to routinely test for HIV and STIs
• Demonstrate increased confidence initiating conversations about sexual health
• Take a sexual health history
• Describe common STIs and their clinical presentation
• Perform STI and HIV diagnostic testing
• Manage patient treatment for common STIs
• Initiate contact tracing and patient referrals where necessary.
This education is supported by Western NSW and Far Western NSW Local Health Districts.