Please click here to download the Course Flyer
This Education Program is designed to give participants the confidence, knowledge and clinical decision-making skills to be able to prescribe new Direct Acting Antiviral (DAA) Therapy for the treatment of HCV infection, either independently or in collaboration with a specialist as appropriate.
The course will be delivered in three parts:
• Part 1 consists of a 2 hour eLearning component introducing the learner to the assessment, management and treatment of hepatitis C in drug and alcohol settings.
• Part 2 consists of an interactive face-to-face workshop building on the knowledge and skills gained in Part 1 through practical case discussions and simulation-based models.
• Part 3 consists of a tailored capacity strengthening toolkit including: a checklist for the assessment and treatment of HCV in drug and alcohol settings; local referral pathways; Fibroscan® access forms; assessment pro forma; and quick reference guides.
• Describe the risk factors for HCV infection enabling effective practice screening processes and recall systems
• Demonstrate competence interpreting clinical and other relevant information to provide effective care of people living with HCV infection
• Demonstrate competence in liver disease assessment
• Demonstrate understanding of DAA therapy for the treatment of HCV and competence in selecting and prescribing appropriate therapy
• Monitor patients on treatment and post-treatment appropriately
Addiction Specialists, Physicians, General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners and other clinical staff interested in treating hepatitis C
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea to be provided.
This workshop has been supported by Gilead Sciences Ltd.
For further Information Contact:
Natalie Huska (Project support Officer):
T 02 8204 0784
Conditions of registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before 29 October will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after 2 9 October 2017 will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to email@example.com.