Through interactive case studies, this evening update will provide the latest information on HIV and STI testing, diagnoses and basic management.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify appropriate patients to routinely test for HIV and STIs
- Demonstrate increased confidence initiating conversations about sexual health
- Take a sexual health history
- Describe common STIs and their clinical presentation
- Perform STI and HIV diagnostic testing
- Manage patient treatment for common STIs
- Initiate contact tracing and patient referrals where necessary.
This update will be presented by Dr Catriona Ooi, Senior Staff Specialist at Western Sydney Sexual Health Centre, and Dr Michael Bourke, GP Prescriber at Kildare Road Medical Practice.
Conditions of registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before Friday 16 June 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after Friday 16 June 2017 will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to email@example.com.