A range of case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce adherence, monitoring a patient already on treatment, and pregnancy.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
• Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
• Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
• Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage all HBV s100 prescribers in NSW to attend this session if possible. Please advise if prescribers living in rural and remote areas would be interested in accessing the Update via webinar, as facilities for this can be arranged.