Click Here to Download the Course Flyer
* If you wish to register for the course in Darwin, please find it HERE
A range of case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce how to best manage a patient already on treatment and how to monitor patients in your care not yet needing treatment.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
• Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
• Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
• Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage all Hepatitis B s100 prescribers in Alice Springs or the area to attend this session.
TARGET AUDIENCE: HBV s100 community prescribers (By invitation only)
Conditions of registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before Friday 2 June 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after Friday 2 June 2017 will incur a $70 course cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to firstname.lastname@example.org