Please click here to download the Course Flyer
Primary care practitioners in the Bega Valley region can help to improve the health outcomes of people living with hepatitis C and reduce a patient’s risk of developing advanced liver disease through early diagnosis, thorough evaluation and assessment of liver disease severity, appropriate management of co-morbidities and preparation for new treatments.
• Interpret test results and diagnose hepatitis C appropriately
• Ensure that people at risk of hepatitis C infection are regularly screened
• Manage and monitor people with chronic hepatitis C suitably, including staging of liver disease and lifestyle modifications as needed
• Assess for advanced liver disease, monitor for hepatocellular carcinoma and refer appropriately
• Describe new treatment guidelines and mechanisms for prescribing in consultation with, or without, a specialist.
Conditions of Registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before 29 March 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after 29 March 2017 will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to email@example.com.