A range of case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce how to best manage a patient already on treatment and how to monitor patients in your care not yet needing treatment.
Click here to download the Course Flyer and to view more course information
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
• Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
• Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
• Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage all HBV s100 prescribers in Cairns and the surrounding areas to attend this session. Those interested in becoming a HBV s100 prescriber are also welcome to attend.
Webinar option available for rural practitioners. Please contact Natalie at Natalie.Huska@ashm.org.au or on 02 8204 0784, for further information about the webinar or this event.
Conditions of registration:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before 06 March 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after 06 March 2017 will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone and email address of the new delegate to email@example.com.